This school is the 10th of a series of summer schools in Colombia, which have taken place every other year since July 1999. The topics of these schools lie on the border line between geometry, topology, algebra and quantum field theory, and they offer courses addressed to both physicists and mathematicians with a master’s level in either of the fields.
The school will take place in Villa de Leyva from July 24 to August 4; a total of 14 days during which the lecturers (leaders in their own areas) will give both mini-courses and specialized talks on their fields of expertise for students at the masters and PhD levels. The length of each course will range from 5 to 7 hours and they will serve as introductions to active areas of research these days.
The lecture notes will be posted on the school’s web site and then published in a proceedings volume, as were the lectures given at the past schools. There will be the opportunity for participants to present their research which may, eventually, be considered for publication in the proceedings prior the approval of a referee. Also, there will be poster sessions where students will be able to present their masters work or their partial results on their Ph.D. work.
Last but not least, due to the fact that the village of Villa de Leyva is small enough, there has been plenty of scientific interaction between professors and participants in the past. We expect the same to happen in this forthcoming opportunity.
- We have arranged group transportation from Bogotá to Villa de Leyva on the morning of Sunday July 23. Meeting point will be Casona del Patio
- Participants arriving before July 23 should contact us in order to arrange accommodation in Bogotá
- Group transportation will be arranged from Villa de Leyva to Bogotá on Friday August 4
- The school will take place at the Hotel “El Mesón de los Virreyes”
- Inscription fee: Click here
REGISTRATION (deadline: June 30)
You can register using the link provided below. In addition, you are required to send, in a single pdf file, the following information:
- Your CV (summary).
- A letter of motivation, explaining why do you want to participate in this school.
- Names and contact information of 2 academic references.
Lecture Notes / Downloads:
- Lecture Notes Xenia de la Ossa
- Lecture Notes Camilo Arias
- Lecture Notes Manuel Asorey
- Lecture Notes Sylvie Paycha
- Lecture Notes Xenia de la Ossa (4 & 5)